Monday, September 24, 2007

Thing 23

What a terrific opportunity this program was. Now that I'm at the
end of the "official" part, I see that there are many things that I want
to return to for a more in depth look. As I mentioned on my very first
post, the challenge will be finding the time. I will try and integrate
as much of these technologies, as I can, into the work flow. I now
have a much better grasp of how other libraries are using these technologies
because I have used them, even superficially. This will enable me to follow
the blogs and articles and try and see if any of this makes sense in our library.

I was surprised at the sheer number of people who have blogs. I will always
be looking for ways to filter out the stuff I don't want and find those diamonds in the dust.

My favorite discovery was bloglines. This has already reduced the amount of time I spend bouncing between websites to catch up on things.
Now I can find it in one place.

I would definately participate in a program like this again. The perhaps, unintended consequences of teamwork and learning about staff were appreciated. I can't believe how much I've learned in such a short time. The time involved was perhaps
underestimated. This should be considered if and when we offer another great opportunity like this.

A big thank you to Jim DeArmey and Ellen Ward!!! You guys rock!
Thanks for checking the blogs and for the encouragement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.