Sunday, September 9, 2007

Thing 22


The Big Sleep
Originally uploaded by exLondoner

I've used the BCPL account for Overdrive and have borrowed two videos. After having some issues with the security on my machine, I was able to download Pulp Cinema with Humphrey Bogart. I started watching the Big Sleep. It's opening scene takes place at a Public Library with a Librarian type person providing reader's advisory to Humphrey Bogart. Bogart and Bacall, "that man and that woman" together again, as the trailer reads.

I also looked at Project Gutenberg and was able to start reading Jane Austen's biography on my screen. I suppose there must be folks out there who like to read huge chunks of text on the screen of their computers, but I am not one of them. However, it is wonderful to have access to all this material.

I won't mess with the audio books right now because I can't load them on my I-pod, although I could burn to CD those that allow this and then upload them to the I-pod. Too much trouble right now. I'll have to investigate the titles more closely. I only have a tape player in my car and this may be an alternative source of audio books for me as less and less tapes are published.

Of course I could spring for a CD player in my car, but hey, that would make it too easy.

No comments: